The answer is yes, and here are the ways to do that.
You can travel to Croatia for urgent personal/family reasons, business, or other economic interests.
Tourism goes under the „economic interests“ category but you must either show evidence that you own property in Croatia or have evidence of an accommodation paid in advance and in full, prior to arrival at the border (be that in a hotel, campsite, private rental, boat or other tourism providers).
The accommodation reservation alone is not sufficient for entry!
Do I need a negative PCR test for entry:
You need to fulfill one of the 5 criteria for entry!
- A negative PCR or Antigen test was taken 48 hours before arrival at the border.
- A vaccination certificate showing the final dose taken more than 14 days ago.
- Proof of recovery from Covid more than 11 days and less than 180 days ago.
- Proof of recovery and of the first dose of vaccination more than 11 days and less than 5 months ago.
- Certificate declaring 10 days self-isolation in Croatia with the option to test to release.
Don’t forget, you will also need to show evidence that you own property in Croatia or have paid for accommodation, be that in a hotel, campsite, private rental, boat or other tourism providers.
All tests taken and used as supporting evidence of a positive or negative result must be recognized by European Union.
All children under the age of 7 are exempt from providing test results should their parent or guardian fulfill the requirements.
Enter Croatia form
You are also advised to fill the EnterCroatia online form which allows you to enter all the necessary information and data prior to traveling to Croatia to ease border crossing upon entry. You can do that here.
Are masks mandatory?
Wearing protective masks is mandatory in all closed spaces throughout the country.
Masks are also mandatory in open spaces where a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters cannot be maintained.
Epidemiological restrictions in Croatia?
- All public events, gatherings, and celebrations, including religious services must end at 22:00.
- Hospitality services (restaurants, cafes, and bars) can offer food and beverages for takeout/delivery and may serve guests seated in an open-air space.
- Hotels and camps may offer indoor dining services for their guests. Please note: restaurant closing times vary by county and maybe much earlier than expected.
- Nightclubs are closed. Casinos and betting shops are open.
- Sporting events are allowed with no spectators and the events must end at 22:00.
- Alcohol will not be sold from 22:00 to 6:00.
- No musicals, operas, or dance performances. No amateur cultural or artistic events, or practice sessions.
Where can I have the Covid-19 test performed if needed?
Covid-19 testing centers are organized at the county level at various facilities. A list of contact information for them may be found here. Should you require a time-dependent test, please call in advance to ensure that the testing center will be able to accommodate you and provide instructions as to the testing protocol and any other necessary information.
The price of Covid-19 tests
PCR test: 450 KN (70 $), translated in English, result in 24-48 hours
Rapid Antigen test: 250 KN (40 $), translated in English, results in 2-4 hours
Exiting the country
Travelers seeking to exit Croatia will have to adhere to epidemiological measures required by their country of destination or by their transportation career.
Feel free to contact me if some of the requirements are not clear enough!